Pages

Friday, May 22, 2015

Friday Favorites: Volume Two


Two weeks in a row! I'm so proud of myself!

Thanks to my friend, Diana I think I can actually link up this week! If you don't have a blog leave some of your favorites in the blog comments or Facebook comments.  I would love to hear how everyone's week went!

I also think I'm going to add one Friday Un-Favorite to every post.  
Because, let's just be real!



ONE

I enjoy reading, but I don't read often.  I'll go months without picking up a book then I'll get on a reading kick and end up at the library once a week. It typically happens this time every year.  Almost summer {ONE day left for me & B!} & I've been to the library 3 times in the past 2 weeks.  I've tried taking B, but that always ends in a disaster.  So I sneak out for a few minutes when she's hanging with Aunt Reagan or J.

I like my books like my movies...funny & light-hearted.

I cannot handle emotional, scary, intense books.  So that knocks out most of the really great ones. But I'm ok with that!

I've always struggled with abstract thinking.  Like when people will get into deep conversations about the theme, plot, & underlying subtleties I'm just thinking, "wait...did we read the same book?!" {I also have this problem when I am reading my Bible.  I consult the footnotes...A LOT.} I tried to read Life of Pi one time...let's just say that I was not on board with where the book was going.  I was 100% confused! Maybe that's why I like the easy-cheesy reads!

Last summer I read the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella & really enjoyed them!


I've also read a few of her other stand alone novels.  I think they are fast paced & funny reads.  

I also enjoy history novels.  I have read almost all of the Killing series by Bill O'Reilly.  I got about halfway through Killing Patton and had to stop.  It ended up being more about the terribly bloody battles of WW2 and the heartbreak of the Holocaust.  


I'm currently reading Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham.  Yes, Lorelei Gilmore wrote a book! I'll let you know how it is! 



TWO

Last Friday it was finally sunny & {kinda} warm so we broke out the homemade water table! 



Sponges & toys from the Dollar Spot! I have a stash of random toys for her to use for water play this summer. It keeps her busy for a while!


Also, baby Nike shorts are THE cutest thing! 



THREE

Brynn's best friend came over to play Wednesday morning.  All I heard was giggles & singing! They are so precious.

  I was getting B's lunch ready in the kitchen & I hear E saying, "Morgan? Morgan?" She just wanted me to sit by her.  And sit by her I did!

They ate lots of cheerios. 


E hummed a sweet lullaby to lambie. 


And, of course, B wore Mickey ears? HA!


Four

  Today was our last day at Sugar-N-Spice Preschool for this 2014-2015 school year.  

Our family has been beyond blessed by this place.  God provided an opportunity for me to be a stay at home momma & we ran with it.  Brynn's teachers have poured love, truth, & patience in to her this year & we are forever grateful.  But it has also been a place where I have found deep friendships.  To work with a group of women who love God & want to share Him with their students is such a haven for my heart. I consider them my friends, not just coworkers.

Shout out to my fellow 4's teachers! I LOVE you!

{It's May 21st & we are wearing long sleeves!}


She has grown so  much this year!

Brynn...

...can say her ABC's {but not L,M,N,O,P}
...can count 3 objects.
...recognizes "8" as OCHO!
...knows every animal sound & her current fave animal is a hippo!
...LOVES to sing.  ALL. THE. TIME. 
...enjoys art with her Mrs. "Nena!"
...loves her Aunt DeAnn days after school playing with the pups & in the water. 
...goes straight to the suckers after school. 
...is starting to put together 3 word sentences.
...and I think she napped about 32% of the time at school this year.  (Sorry Mrs. Erin!)


Tonight's program! They sang "Ring Around the Rosie" and did SO good! B even gave her favorite Mrs. "Nena" a hug on her way down. 


Thanks for coming Mills family! 
And these are the only program pics I have. :(



Now to the Un-Favorite

Monday when we ran errands I made the mistake of letting B sit in the back of the basket at Academy. Then again at Hobby  Lobby. Then again at Walmart. Then again at Target. 

This is her, "I dare you to take me outta this basket" pose. 




Yeah, I don't think she ever want to sit back in the front again. It wasn't too bad until we got to Target and I had to actually fill the basket. Then she wanted to play with everything & open the hotdogs {yes, we are fancy & buy our hotdogs at Target} & play drums on the toilet paper & throw out her ice. Oh yes, did I forget to mention that I bought her a cup of Sonic ice to keep her entertained. Well that ended up all over the floor in the paper towel section {ironically enough} & I had to track someone down to wipe it up so no poor-innocent-front-of-the-cart-kid-sitting momma would slide on into the shelves. That's another thing I noticed my kid was THE ONLY ONE I saw sitting in the back of the basket. Those other mommas knew the secret. So here I am passing on the knowledge. Mommas, don't let your kid sit in the back. They will never forget it. Trust me on this one. 

Don't forget to leave me some of your favorites from this week!

See you next Friday! 



No comments:

Post a Comment