Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Friday Favorites: The One With All The Music

Today's Friday Favorites post is all about music! 


I used to be a music junkie.  Music, all day every day.  


But, lately I've taken a musical hiatus {except for all things Mickey, Raffi, and Mother Goose Club} and replaced my music time with Netflix and The Kidd Kraddick Morning Show podcast.  

Since we've started back to school this week I've decided we need a fresh routine! So we are going to cut back on our TV & phone time and turn on the music.

I was going through Pandora and Spotify and thought I would share some of my favorite stations. 

I really like Spotify if there is something specific I want to listen to.  


You can't find many Acappella CDs on Pandora, so Spotify is my Sunday Morning go-to. I may have "Lead Me To Rest" stuck in my head as we speak. Acappella is a lifetime FAVORITE for our family.  You know the CDs that you can listen to and start singing the song that comes next before it even starts...yeah that's us with Acappella. Raise your hand if you're with me! 


Am I the only one who still listens to old Amy Grant? We would listen to it growing up and I would dance and spin circles listening to "Baby, Baby." 


I've made a Zac Brown station that also includes some random Texas Country songs. This is great when we need some pep in our day!

Now to Pandora.

Dave Barnes.  Find him, listen to him, love him. 


This specific CD has the song, "Mine to Love" and the lyrics of this song speak right to my heart.  If you are trying to start a family, are pregnant, or someday want to be pregnant, you will need to listen to this. 

This station also plays Matt Wertz, {my college years are defined by his songs} Gavin DeGraw, Ray LaMontagne, and Matt Nathanson.  This is my FAVORITE station. Hands down. 

My second FAVORITE station is Need To Breathe.  


I came late to the Need To Breathe bandwagon {I had the chance to meet them in college and totally bailed} but their music instantly puts me in a better mood. This is another great mellow station.

And if I'm in the mood for some country...Blackhawk radio it is! All the great 80s & 90s country.  I rarely listen to country music...I had it on the other day and couldn't stop laughing at all of the "pop country" that I was hearing.

 #GiveMeGeorge #GiveMeGarth #GiveMeBlackhawk #GiveMeTimMcgrawsEarlyYears


{and this album cover...excellent!}

If I want a fun pop station, I go with Kate Voegele. All you OTH people know how great she is!


Speaking of OTH, I may or may not have in my possession, a majority of songs played through this series. This show spurred my music obsession and between me and several of my girl friends I have an excellent selection of OTH music. One of my FAVORITE songs of all time is from OTH...
Always Love by Nada Surf...so great. 


And when the holidays roll around I've got this guy on repeat. 


I used to make fun of my mom for having this CD...now its a FAVORITE of mine. Sorry Momma!

And because I'm the coolest person I know...


Yeah...I'll admit it. I love Kenny G at Christmas time.  

Those are just a few of my FAVORITES.  Of course I also have a few kids stations like Raffi & Elmo.  I would love to hear what your favorite Pandora or Spotify stations are! I have a list on my phone of books to read, why not start a list of music to listen to??


And a little pretty KEEP for your Friday!
I had my first online social last night and had so much fun!! I also may have stress eaten 10 Hershey's kisses (thanks Drumrights!)

https://lounge.keep-collective.com/socials/96089 



Happy Friday friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment