Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2015

The One With The Well Check, The Lake, & A Few Favorite Finds

Friday! Friday! Friday!

I think this post will be in bullet points. Because I wrote this late last night and my comfy bed and Gilmore Girls were calling my name!

ONE

-I have 12 of these flower headbands and haven't known how to use them since her hair is so long. Problem solved (we've solved the problem! everything is awesome, problem solved! You're welcome PBS Kids watchers.)



TWO

-Last Friday was Brynn's 2 year well check. 
-She still HATES the paper they put on the tables, and the nurse. #EarplugsPlease #SaidSorryAMillionTimes


-I don't remember all of her stats but she's in the 95th percentile for weight (31lbs) and 88th for height.

-We are still having problems with her eczema (you can see the spot on her right leg) and are trying a new medicine routine to try  to get it under control. 

-She had one shot and her pink camo band aid was her FAVORITE! She showed everyone she saw her "peent ban-nade." 
  
THREE


-Friday afternoon we played kitchen.  She was calling the green blocks, green beans. Hehe! Watching her play is a FAVORITE!


-Then it was time for our daily Mary Poppins viewing. She has started singing a "rough" version of "Let's Fly a Kite" and "Spoonful of Sugar" and it is sooo sweet! I love that this movie is a FAVORITE!

FOUR


-Random...this seasons celebrity line up for Dancing With The Stars is NOT my FAVORITE.  Except this guy...I think I will just watch him...and laugh.  This guy is so unpredictable! J and I watched him in Celebrity Apprentice and had some great laughs!

FIVE 

-Saturday we spent the day at the lake with Grams, Pops, Mema and DadDad. 



-She wanted in the water immediately! At the bottom of this picture you can see her checking out the minnows with Grams and Pops. (Also, she's started saying Pops instead of Hops and it's a little sad.)



-I may have swallowed a bug while driving the golf cart. #iDid #iSwallowedABug 



-The lake is a family FAVORITE! So thankful for special family time. 

SIX


-I did some shopping Sunday and found these treats at Dollar Tree.  Is it really weird that I remember those glitter pages had a very specific smell?  (Jonathan says, "You're always smelling smells.) I can't describe it, but when I see those I am reminded of their smell.  Lisa Frank=FAVORITE!


-I found this cutie and CHEAP Halloween shirt. FAVORITE! 

(I JUST got B's Halloween costume in the mail...EEEKK!)

SEVEN 


-This is a terrible picture, but it's at bedtime while we are practicing a memory verse from church.  I need to post a video, it's a heart melter! 

EIGHT 

-Lately I've felt like I'm in a revolving door of Sunday Blues.  Because life isn't perfect, things don't always go my way, I don't always get what we want, I can't be perfect at everything, and I don't have it all together.  So Wednesday, after having a pity party for myself during B's nap time,  I pulled myself together & made a conscious decision to just BE PRESENT with my girl.  And wow...was I ever humbled.  It's the smallest thing, but we spend an hour on our bed playing stickers. Then had a snack and watched Mary Poppins together.  

We weren't rushing out the door for something and I put my phone in the other room.  It was a perfect afternoon.  I'm so thankful to God for revealing himself to me through my daughter.  


"Who can turn the world on with her smile? 
Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile? 
Well it's you girl, and you should know it"


NINE


-Yesterday was yellow day at SNS.  Thanks to Aunt Jillian we had the perfect shirt! And she was not thrilled that we were taking pictures and not going to school for, "SLIDES!" Her FAVORITE is morning extended care!

TEN 

-And because you know I have to post about KEEP.  This is what I've been wearing for the past few days.  I didn't think I'd like the necklace much, but it's a FAVORITE! It's a great everyday piece. 

https://www.keep-collective.com/soc/70k33





-It's supposed to be in the 70s this weekend...pretty sure the fall decor will make its way out of the attic! Plus we are getting ready for a garage sale...that's always a treat.  #sarcasimfont



I saw this forever ago and it pops up every once in a while on Pinterest and I giggle about it for days! 



Enjoy your Friday! Make it a great one!

Link up:





No comments:

Post a Comment