Pages

Monday, January 11, 2016

The One With Week 21



How far along
21 Weeks! Over halfway there!
                             
Size of babe: 
babycenter.com is telling me the size of a carrot. 

Husband
Have I mentioned that he's a superhero? More on that further down. 

Maternity Clothes
Yes and Yes.  SO grateful that I only have to get "real life" dressed about 3 days a week. Because it's stretchy pants, pjs and sweatshirts on home days. #casual4life
If you are pregnant you need this dress. It's from Old Navy {comes in 3 colors} and it's SO comfy! Good for winter & spring. I will be in it often! 

Loving 
My cozy days at home with my girl & getting our home back to normal after the holidays. I love to rearrange & shuffle around all of our decor for a bit of a change. I remember when I was a kid I would constantly rearrange the decorations on my dresser--I think it gives me a sense of control. ;)

Also, My mom bought me this Ello glass water bottle for Christmas & it hasn't left my side. Love it! 



Movement
Starting to feel some big movements instead of just the flutters. He has hiccups pretty often too. 

Symptoms
They are starting to subside! I have my energy back, the nausea is almost completely gone, & I feel somewhat back to my normal self.  But sleep is starting to be an issue. If only I could stop waking up hungry at 3AM! I need a good bedtime snack I think. 

Best Part of the Week
Our anatomy scan last week.  I can't even describe how in awe I am that we can watch our baby hiccup, see the 4 chambers of his heart, watch the blood flow in and out, see how the kidneys are functioning and be able to know the gender of our baby.  Our doctors office plays KLOVE in the ultrasound rooms, and while we were there Chris Tomlin's Indescribable was playing. Pretty much sums up this whole experience. God, I'm so glad you are beyond my understanding! 

Worst Part of the Week
We were also told at this last appointment that I have a partial placenta previa.  The doctors seem pretty optimistic that it could heal itself as the baby grows and since I will be having a c-section either way, it's not a huge worry.  The hard part is that I was instructed to be extremely cautious with what I am lifting...which means I can't lift Brynn.  That has caused us to get pretty creative in how we manage our day. It's like she knows that I can't pick her up...she will walk up to me with the sweetest eyes and say, "mommy hold you" so I just sit on the floor and hold her! We will have another ultrasound in 3 weeks to see if there has been any change. Also, because of this, Jonathan's work load around the house has greatly increased {mostly because he's forbidden me to move anything & with this rearranging itch Inhave, it leaves lots for him to do at night!} and he happily takes care of it to keep me safe. I'm so appreciative of how he cares for all 3 of us. We love you, J!

Missing Most: 
My freedom. ;) 
Since I can't lift Brynn, we seem to be home bound for a while. You know, until I can keep her from being a maniac in Target and walk perfectly right next to my cart. She may have had a timeout in the nail polish section last week! All over a pack of Hello Kitty lip gloss. 

Can't wait for
Nursery planning!! I've got a few ideas circulating, but need to fabric shop before I have a final plan. I found a great rug at Target that I'm just waiting to go on sale...

Gender
BOY! 



I'll be honest, I was stunned when she said "It's a boy!" I was so convinced it was a girl. I was sick just like with Brynn (like symptoms lifted at 17.5 weeks with both) & feel like I'm
carrying him just like Brynn (low and towards my back.) I went shopping for him Saturday morning & the shock is wearing off and I'm starting to be genuinely excited for something so brand new! 

His name will be Jack Kellen & I am so in love with it! {More on his name meaning in a future post.}

I'm hoping to have a few posts recapping our Christmas soon. Until then here are a few pictures of our last few days. 

She got these pjs from Grams and Pops and they make her look so gown up...and adorable! 


We finally started the giant shuffle of...
1. Sell the guest bed
2. Deconstruct & remove guest bed
3. Deconstruct crib
4. Move crib 9 feet into the new nursery
5. Rebuild crib
6. Build Brynn's new bed 
{thank you momma & daddy for ALL the help!}
7. Rearrange all the furniture in the entire house until everything seems like it fits 
8. Sort through all closets, clothes, attic & start garage sale pile 
9. This is going to take forever....
FOR. EV. ER 



So far little one has adjusted great {knock on wood} to her bed & was totally fine giving up her crib & rocker "to Jacks room!"

The first night I sat outside her door and the second she got off her bed I walked in & kind, but firmly told her to get back in bed. And by some miracle it worked. 

Some of her excuses to get up were...
"Ummm, paint my nails?"
"My paci is sour. Wash it."
"I wanna hug. One more kiss!"

The first night I heard her get up about 3am, I opened our door and she was standing there smiling, "hi mommy! I poopy!" So we went out the next day and bought a childproof door knob just incase she decides to be a night roamer!

Lots of changes going on in our little world! And I'm so glad I
have a place to document it all for us to remember the special moments among the chaos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment