Monday, April 7, 2014

Have I Mentioned Brynn's Sick

I'm sure you all know by now...Brynn is sick.  Last Wednesday night she didn't sleep well and I could feel something coming on. I thought she might be getting another tooth.  When I picked her up from school on Thursday she was as happy as could be and I was relieved (seeing as I made her cry when I checked on her at lunch.) We got home, feed her some food, gave her a bottle...and she spit some up.  No big deal.  She does that often.  Then Friday happened...

I've thought she's thrown up before. Nope. I was wrong.  

She threw up ALL & EVERY bottle and bit of food she ate (and there is also some diaper stuff going on--I will spare you the details-you're welcome.)  She took 3 looooong naps while I dusted, vacuumed, swept, & mopped for the first time in at least 2 months (please tell me I'm not the only one??)  I spent Friday texting my best friend, Ellen, since her little one had the stomach bug a few weeks back to get some pointers.  Brynn had 3 baths that day.  More than she normally gets in 2 weeks (Hey! She's a baby!)  We ended up giving her lots of water and a little bit of banana and to bed she went.  

Saturday we were doing ok.  She wasn't eating be expected.  I had this genius idea that she was due for some tummy time.  Cue more throw up.  So back to water, oatmeal, and banana.  We also called the UMC nurse hotline. They were SO helpful.  I would recommend it if it's a weekend and you need some guidance.  

Sunday we were going to play it by ear to see if we would go to class or church.  Brynn just started going to Bible Class and I hated her to miss it. Jonathan fed her a bottle while I slept in a little.  And I could hear it from the my room...nope...not going to church.  We eat lunch every Sunday with my parents, sister, and her fiance.  J & I both agreed that we needed to get out of the house so we packed the diaper bag with lots of extra clothes and took off.  We had a great lunch.  

Brynn got to play and be silly with Aunt Reagan.

Pops walked her outside until his arms almost fell off.  Then we came home for naps.  For the 1st time since she was maybe 2 months old, she would only sleep if I held her.  So we snuggled on the couch and she took a long nap.  She woke up, took a small bottle and went back to sleep in Daddy's arms.  Sleepy girl! 

Today has been about the same as yesterday.  I called her pediatrician and they said it was probably a virus and just to watch for dehydration.  Today she drank about 7oz total and normally has 28oz in a day.  I did manage to get a few smiles out of her which brought me pure joy! 

I never understood why parents would post to Facebook to pray for their kids who were sick with just a cold or something "trivial." Now I COMPLETELY understand! It doesn't matter what it is, if your baby is sick it's a big deal.  I have a new appreciation and respect for parents who deal with illness on a daily & consistent basis.  So if you are one of those parents, you have my prayers tonight. 

Tomorrow I will get to stay home, snuggle my baby, and hopefully stuff her face with food that will stay in her tummy! Obvious statement alert: Being a mom is hard.  So worth it.  But so hard in ways I never understood. 


No comments:

Post a Comment