Pages

Friday, April 4, 2014

What's In A Name

Brynn's Name:

If you've known me for any amount of time you know how much I treasure my maiden name.  I have always been so proud to wear the name.  I was always taught to honor my name and the legacy that came with it.  A legacy of faith, hard work, & love. A legacy of farmers, great cooks, & family dinners.  
My dad, DadDad, Mema, and 3 week old Brynn. 


When we found out we were pregnant I wanted to use Mills in some way.  I suggested it to Jonathan as a middle name and he was on board (I didn't even have to twist his arm!)  I also wanted the 1st name to be a family name.  We threw around lots of ideas and kept coming back to Brynn.  Brynn being a combination of my dad's 1st name and my mom's middle name. It was the only name we actually agreed on!  


We also had a boy name set (and yes, to be fair it was a family name on Jonathan's side.) The day before we went in for the gender sonogram we both suddenly changed our minds and didn't like the boy name we had picked.  We scratched it and couldn't fully decide what it would be. When we found out it was a girl I was so relieved that I didn't have to pick a boy name!

Blog Name:
When we were struggling to get pregnant (more on that in a future post) God put Ephesians 3:20-21 on my heart. 

I knew He was telling me that no matter what happened, He was at work WITHIN me.  When we became pregnant I was reading Ephesians 3 and I felt that 14-21 was a perfect prayer for our baby.  I want Brynn to KNOW God's love that surpasses all knowledge and to have Christ dwell in her heart. Oh, please Jesus let her search for you! 


Out of this comes my blog title.  This scripture has become a family verse.  God has placed a supportive family, an incredible set of friends, & a great cloud of witnesses to help us "Root & Establish" Brynn in Him. Because I know I cannot be what she needs on my own.  It takes a village! To everyone who is a part of her life--we thank you and appreciate what you bring to our home. 


Today
Little one is sick.  Lots of laundry, lots of snuggles, lots of Daniel Tiger.  Thank goodness she is sleeping/napping so well (here's hoping I didn't jink it.) We were hoping to take her to see the Easter Bunny tomorrow, but I'm thinking that's not going to happen! Looks like we will be working in the yard during nap times instead--Yay! 

Here's hoping everyone gets some rest this weekend! 
Thanks for reading, 
MG
...I spoke too soon...I think she is awake!

No comments:

Post a Comment