Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2015

The One With All The Cousins: Friday Favorites on a Monday


Whew.  Last week was B.U.S.Y with loads of family fun and I was just too wiped to blog a Friday Favorites.  I've also been working on Brynn's birth story and I just can't seem to get the right words.  So when I try to blog I've just stared at that post & tried to will the perfect words onto the page but it just hasn't come yet.  Hopefully soon though!

Last week turned into cousin week and it was a BLAST! 

And here goes your "Friday Favorites" post on a Monday. 

We sang one of my FAVORITE songs last Sunday morning.  These words convict & encourage my heart.   



Monday 


Waiting for "Schuyler Cody!" to come over.  Brynn referred to them as one person.  And it is adorable. 



We went to lunch at Blue Sky {FAVORITE!} Brynn wanted to sit with Schuyler. 


We ran to Target after naps.  

And lookie what I found...


YEAH! Jonathan has been longing for this icing for YEARS, so I swiped several cans in case they fly of the shelves! {Also for B's birthday party!}


Then we met back up with everyone for supper at "Hops & Gams" house. 


Brynn has this power over people...it may be that she's cute, it may be that she just WEARS. YOU. DOWN. until you do what she asks.  She begged them to do, "ring round the ro-zee?!" And they all agreed.  Like 14 times.  I think they were all super dizzy!



Then she told everyone exactly where to sit. 


Clearly we all obliged. 

We went outside for a game of croquet and it turned into a game of, "Mine!" Brynn was not pleased that she could not play or take all of the balls. 





We hung out the next day then had supper at Aunt "Deyans" and Uncle Scott's house. So yummy! My aunt makes this chocolate pudding, that is really just pie filling, and puts them in little cups.  Then tops them with whip cream.  And I may have eaten multiple cups. FAVORITE!


Heart. Stolen. 

These shoes are a FAVORITE! I found them at Target this spring and they finally fit! 


Blurry...but she likes to look at herself in the mirrors.  She twirls, runs, laughs and just smiles at herself. Love her!


B was "helping" Schuyler with the puzzle. 

Then she had a blast in the fountain.  She dunked her bubble wand in it, filled it with leaves, splashed herself and just had the best time! Baby girl's FAVORITE is to be outside getting messy. 







Then we shopped around in Aunt DeAnn's garage.  I hit the jackpot...pictures to come!
We said bye to "Schuyler Cody" and got a good night sleep before cousins round 2!
Thank you for coming to visit us! We miss you!

Wednesday morning we headed over to my parent's house to see my cousins, Whitney & Lindsey (on my dad's side.) Whitney has 4 adorable kiddies and Lindsey has the smiliest little boy (with the longest eyelashes...precious.) I told Brynn on the way over that there were going to be lots of kids when we got there and she was so excited.  Then we walked in she was a little taken back by all the action...for about 3 minutes then Miss Ella became her best friend!






Ella has the kindest heart! She was so sweet & patient with Brynn.  Brynn even requested we pray for Ella that night.  #mills4life

While the girls were playing I was having a conversation with Jordan and Braeden about Disney World.  Those boys make me laugh!

That night we went to Anton for a fish fry at Mema & DadDad's. FAVORITE! There little house was packed with kids and it was so fun! This is the first time I can remember that Brynn didn't want to eat supper...she just wanted to play! 

Whit & Linds bought her an early birthday present.  Jammies!! 



 



Those piggies!



Mema & DadDad with their grand-girls and all the great grands. 

(Top: Reagan, DadDad, Emmy, Ella, Mema, Luke, Brynn, Morgan
Bottom: Lindsey, Jordan, Braeden, Whitney)


Some of my all time FAVORITES! 

We spent Thursday recovering from all the go-go-go of the week. I did laundry, and B watched lots of Toy Story! 

Then Friday was errand day. 



#brainfreeze

Hey...guess what...

Target twice in one week!! {Unfortunately...or maybe fortunately...the only thing we bought was an ICEE.  They were out of what we needed, so back we go this week! ;)}


Saturday I spent 3.5 hours at school sorting through my files for the new curriculum.  I'm so excited for another year at Sugar-N-Spice and all my new little giraffes! 

I worked on some house projects...still in progress so pictures to come. Then Worked on some party stuff...it's coming soon and it's going to be a FAVORITE! 

Saturday after supper we went for "no-cones!" Brynn calls Bahama Bucks "mama bucks." FAVORITE!


No brain freeze this time! 

I so love spending time with my family.  I'm pretty sure I have the best ones. 

We have a lot on the to-do list for this week, but it's also our last week before workdays start back up (and let's be real, by workdays I mean 4 or so hours of free babysitting to work in my classroom, aka chat with my FAVORITE 4s teachers, on any Tuesday and Thursday of my choosing. Yeah...I love my job!)

Also, I need to mention that we are doing B's 2 year old pics this week. Why did no one warn me that year 2 goes by faster than year 1!? YIKES! 


I also downloaded the "First Five" app from Proverbs 31 Ministries and am excited to start that this morning.  I have no idea what to expect, but my FAVORITE 4's teachers are doing it as well so I know it will lead to some great conversation.  I really struggle with daily devotionals so you guys have to keep me accountable! 

And one more thing...what happened to our lovely cool summer!? BAH it's SO hot out there, ya'll! Maybe I'll break out the sprinkler this afternoon for playtime? 

Happy Monday. Make it great!
MG 






No comments:

Post a Comment