Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend


Last weekend Jonathan's parents & sister came to visit.  They live far away so we are always glad when they get to see Brynn.  We had a fun weekend of watching Brynn play, enjoying the rain, & running around town.  


RAIN!
It's my favorite & we got so much last weekend.  I think somewhere over 4.5 inches.  
Praise to God for providing for the land!

                                           

"I keep waking up on Saturdays & Aunt Jilly is here!" 

                                           

Jonathan's parents stayed in our guest room, so Jillian had to sleep in the living room on this mattress. We kept it in our room during the day & every time I walked in I thought we had an inflatable boat on our bed. 

                                           


On Saturday we ran some errands with this cutie pie. 

                                            
                                               

                                      


She LOVES straws & cups.  I always sit in the back with her. I think I'm going to have to use a different cup holder.  

                                                
                                                       


We came home & played the day away. 

                                   
                                             

I really need to do a post on our front & back yards.  It's a HUGE before/after change.  Once we are done with the back (hopefully this week!) I will post some pics...because you really need to see the "Sahara" landscape that used to be our yards. 
Yike...spikes! (Name that Movie!)

                                    


Brynn & her Nana. 

                                               

You can barely see it, but we have a little bird family in our gutter (far right).  Last year they nested on a lamp by our garage door.  I am SO surprised they weren't washed away with the rain.  

                                            

On Sunday, after church, we ate lunch at good 'ole Taco Villa! 
Brynn ate a spoon...

                                           

And a lemon. 

                                   


Sunday we ran to KKs & Brynn checked out all the ducks with her Papa G. Then we went home for naps!


                                            


They left on Monday morning & J had the day off. He was supposed to be watching Brynn while I got ready.  I came into the living room and he was playing his game.  
Caught ya!
                                   


                                             


We spent Memorial Day running all over town looking for patio furniture, enjoying the afternoon downpour, & dinner and weather watching at my parents.  



I love a long weekend.  



And  I have to say something in reference to Memorial Day. 



J & I have watched 2 different D-Day documentaries on PBS this week.  And I cannot stop thinking about the ABSOLUTE bravery these men demonstrated.  I mean these guys stormed the beaches all while KNOWING & seeing that their odds were not high.  Just incredible.  To all who have, are, & will serve.  You have my utmost respect.  I know I need to do more to help & support these veterans & their families.  Any idea on how to do that? 


I would seriously suggest checking out these documentaries if you are at all interested in history.  It blew my mind with the amount of planning & engineering that went into D-Day alone.  Did you know they brought their own port by sinking specially designed ships? That wooden & paper gliders flew across enemy lines before the boats landed.  And all those PAPER planes had to crash into trees & rocks in order to land in PITCH dark behind enemy lines? That submarines (without windows by the way) piloted by men under the age of 23 had to make paths through the ocean mines for all the other ships? 

I mean seriously.  Incredible. Truly the greatest generation. 

Here is a link to one that we watched.

 D-Day Documentary. 

  I'm sure you can find the other on there too.  





No comments:

Post a Comment